Monday, September 26, 2011

Two Weeks With My New Knee


It has been almost two weeks since my surgery and it has been boring. I have destroyed two and a half beds and let myself out of my crate one time before she put carabiners on the door. Also, I have destroyed one hard plastic cone,
one nice soft cone that was borrowed and now my mom has to find a new one to replace it,
one horrible blue donut thing from my last post, one pair of pants,
and one stuffy. The stuffy was my reward for not destroying anything on Friday.
I have not removed any of my sutures though. I'm sure everyone will be proud of me for that.

Today my mom stayed home with me to talk on the phone, make faces at paper and stare at the computer all day. I got to go outside and spend some time helping her talk on the phone while staring at paper. It was nice and sunny so I nibbled on some grass,
checked on some of the plants,
and looked for my squirrel friend (without running over and looking up his tree).
Ubas are meant for bouncing and running and having fun. There is nothing fun about all this sitting around in crates. I feel a whole lot better, my knee isn't acting so naughty and I keep telling her I'm healed, but she doesn't believe me. She says I have WEEKS more to go before I can jump and twirl and leap and play with my flirt pole. I only had a tibial crest transposition, a wedge recession sulcoplasty and lateral fascial imbrication. Can someone please tell her that my knee is all better now?

hugs,
Uba

Labels: ,