Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Yo.

So, my name's Teddles.

That's me over there -- the upside down one. The other dogs are my foster sisters -- Isabelle, the black and white one, and Lucy, the one by the wall. That Lucy is small, but man, she's bitchy!

People ask me where I got my name from. Well, after a few days at my foster home, Nice Lady and Nice Mister were tossing around a few names. Nice Lady said she wanted something that sounded strong (well, heh, of course), but simple (uh, what?).

Uh. Where was I. Oh, my name.

So, they would look at me, turn their heads to one side and call out names.
John? Frank? Wally?

TED!


Then, I hear this little insistent voice say, "Actually, mom, it's TEDDLES." And every time someone said, "Ted," this little person would correct them, "Actually, it's TEDDLES."



And there my name was born. Adults call me Ted or Ted-Baby. And the little one switches between Ted-Baby, Teddles, and Teddles-Baby.


At first, I found it a little embarassing. But now I kind of like it. I mean, hey, the little one hangs out with me and helps Nice Lady feed me and the other dogs. I can humor the kid.

Besides, after people meet me, they usually walk away smiling when they learn that I got my name from a 2-year old.