Saturday, June 7, 2008

My Adopt-a-Day

Today was a big day for me. I was officially adopted! Now I am really really home forever. My people told me I could stay with them forever a long time ago, but now it is official and Lulu will always be my big sister to help me learn about new things.

When got home from class and talking to Donna, I got some presents. I got this cool purple thing that has treats inside. If I work really hard the treats come out. Yum.
I also got a new tennis ball on a rope. It is great because I can chase it, and squish it, AND tug on it. Woo hoo, I did lots of bouncing with this new toy!
I have come a long way from living in the woods in Virginia waiting to go to my first fight. Now I live in a real home, with my own bed and toys and sweaters, and most importantly my own family. Now I wait for my play time in the yard and my walks in the park.

Thank you to all the people who helped me stay alive to see my adopt-a-day. Thank you Donna, Tim, Nicole and Steve, Kim and her family, and everyone else who helped me find freedom and a home to call my own. I am just a little black dog from a rough place and I can't believe how lucky I am that so many people care about me. I hope that one day all little black fight bust dogs can have the same chance to find happiness that I have had.
hugs, Uba