Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Bath for A Good Cause

I've been lucky. All of you have shown so much compassion for me and my former roomates. So when she suggested I give back a little, I jumped at the chance. Don't get me wrong, I'm right there with my buddy Ernie. Baths are the worst. But for the Western States Police Canine Association I decided to get wet. A couple of dog loving guys here own 34 pet stores in the Greater Bay Area and they held a fund raiser to help WSPCA buy vests to protect their police canines. The deal was, for one day last month, if I climbed into the bath, the money she paid for me to get wet all went to WSPCA. How could I say no to helping dogs needing protective vests when so many people helped me when I really needed it. So, I got wet. It wasn't pretty, but I gave back a little. And here's the proof.