Sunday, February 1, 2009

Week Six and Steep Next Steps


Thursday was my six week surgery checkup. The surgeon said my x-rays look great and my knees are most definitely on the mend. If you’ve been following my little story, at my 3 week blog I complained of being picked up, put down, and picked up yet again because I just wanted to have some fun and RUN. I heard the surgeon say the next step in my rehab is lots of steps, as in lots of stairs. My first thought was boy, oh boy, freedom at last! It started this morning, up the stairs, down the stairs, up the stairs. It’s not what I thought it’d be. This is hard work. I look up at her, but she won’t pick me up by my handle. She ignores my big round pleading eyes and I have to do it on my own. Those stairs are so steep and my legs are so tired. I wish I’d never complained about feeling like a purse. Now will you puleez pick me up!